Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Day at the Races...

So I had my first outing to Kenneland Race track last weekend and it was a blast! It was a much different experience from the Derby or Riverdowns. It was packed, but everyone was in spring dresses or sear-sucker pants. The area around the track is so pretty and I actually got to see some horses, unlike Derby. The only bad this about it is that it is only open 2 months of the year. I unfortch didn't win any money, but had fun losing some. My betting expertise is slim to none, so after memorizing one bet...I was set for the day -- " Race X, $2 extaca Box for Horses A and B" Too bad I never won. We took a bus down and made a day out of it...and when I say bus, I really mean school bus :) If anyone has the chance to go to Kenneland, i highly suggest it!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I've been down there a couple times! I loved it! I've actually never been to the Derby, so Keeneland is all I really know. It is really beautiful.

I was also always so scared to go up to the box and place my bets. I had to practice a few times before I attempted it, and even then I usually messed up. Sounds like you had fun!