Thursday, December 18, 2008

And the winner is......


Katie Bogenschutz...via Aunt Peg -- for theBEST COOKIE in the 1st Annual Kroger Holiday Cookie Extravaganza Taste-Off!!


I made Aunt Peg's wonderful "Snowball Surprise" Cookies for our office Christmas Cookie Competition and I won for Best cookie!!


In case anyone else wants to spread the goodness of Snowball Surprises, here is the winning recipe :)


Ingredients:
~ 1- package of regular Oreo’s
~ 1- 8 ounce brick of regular Cream Cheese
~ 1- package of Kroger White Chocolate Melting Bark (24 ounces)


Instructions:
1. In a food processor, grind the pack of Oreo’s into a fine dust
2. Add the brick of cream cheese to the Oreo dust and mix together until a dough is formed.
3. Roll the dough into little balls (Size = about the diameter of a quarter) and place on cookie sheet.
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the dough firm up.
5. Melt the white chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave.
6. Using a toothpick coat the entire ball in white chocolate and set on wax paper to cool
7. Once the white chocolate has hardened, ENJOY!

*Note: Refrigerate cookies once completed because of the cream cheese in the recipe.



4 comments:

Andy said...

A toothpick is genius! The hardest part for me was always the dipping - although fingers coated with melty white chocolate is not a bad thing.

Nice work on specifying Kroger Brand White Chocolate ;-)

Keith said...

Kate - I really hope you are planning on a huge batch for Christmas at Grandmas, I may just eat those vs cold cuts...unless there is delicious Montgomery Inn again.

Katie said...

Well, I have some bad news -- I was helping grandma wrap presents and she mentioned that we are having cold cuts again because it is easier for her..BOOO! Understandable, but a bummer. I am supposed to go to NYC this weekend for the Xavier game, but that is if we can fly in..the snow is crazy. But if i have time, I will try and make some for Gram's house :)

And a shout out for the Kroger white choc...I can only do my bes tto support Kroger stock :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Kate! It is obvious that you inherited the "good cooking gene!"

Aunt Beth